Teaching Pre-Service Week Free Printable Check List
Print out the pre-service week check list (free download below) and tape it to your desk so you can check off each task as you go.
For in depth explanations of each step see this post.
- Find a place for your desk
- Decide on a seating arrangement and get your desks/tables set up
- Set up your bulletin boards
- Post the state standards for your grade level/content area somewhere in your room
- Cover those bare walls
- Buy yourself a stool
- Find a home for all your stuff
- Turn on your computer and make sure it works and that you can get on the wifi
- Create a syllabus
- Make seating charts
- Determine what your online classroom presence will be: Schoology, Blackboard, Edmodo, Google Classroom, Weebly… and set up your classes online.
- Prepare for “Back to School Night”
- If you’re working with a collab teacher, contact them even if they are not back in school yet
- Start collaborating with the other teachers in your content and planning for the first day
For more tips on how to navigate your first year check out these posts:
If you found this helpful, make sure to pin, post, and tweet to share it with other new teachers who might also benefit from it!
And don’t forget to subscribe to get more great stuff like this.
Full disclosure: some of the links above are affiliate links. If you choose to purchase a product and use the link, I will get a small commission that goes towards the maintenance of this site (at no extra cost to you). If you enjoy the content on this website, please do use the link if you choose to make a purchase.
Thanks for your support!